ISNT is a nonprofit making professional body of Technologists,
Engineers, Scientists, Academicians and Researchers in India.
Since its inception in the year 1972, it has fully matured and
established itself at the international level having an indomitable
stature and recognition. Presently ISNT has more than 5000
members spreading over 18 chapters in India with headquarters
ISNT Provides invaluable resources, information and linkages
for industrial quality development and professional
development to its members.
Objective of ISNT
The objective of the Society is to promote the awareness of NDT Science and Technology through education, research and exchange of technical information within the country and internationally to its members and other professionals using NDT.
Indian Society for Non Destructive Testing (ISNT) is a professional body of NDT practitioners, equipment suppliers, service providers, academicians and students and functions with the following objectives
- To further the cause of science and technology of NDE.
- To help Indian industry through results of research and development in NDE.
- To organize professional courses / workshops / seminars in various fields of NDE and to create fora for exchange of information & ideas among the NDE practitioners & professionals.
- To promote the use of approved international and national standards in NDE and related areas by Indian industry in consultation with the Bureau of Indian Standards.
- To help in preparation of new Indian standards and updation of old standards in NDE.
- To co-ordinate with universities, academic institutions and government bodies for initiating new projects on the development of various NDE techniques.
- To interact and co-ordinate with other national associations and NDE societies from other countries.
- To conduct training and certification courses in NDE techniques.
- To propagate the culture of quality
- To promote NDE for enhanced production and reliability.
- To accelerate the introduction of new NDE methods.
- To aid Indian industries to compete in the world market and export a diverse range of engineering products of assured quality and standard.